It is easy to publish a Tip at Day2DayTips. With the recent changes it has gotten even easier. So you’ve signed up and have published your tip, what now? Of course for someone new to the online writing community, there’s more to writing online than just a few keyboard strokes and clicks of the mouse button. There’s an array of fantastic ways to bump up your readership. Apart from a few people no one knows you’ve published a new tip at D2D. Waiting around doing nothing is not the best way to enjoy your passive income. So, here they are, the most basic course of action you may want to consider doing after publishing a D2D Tip.
A straight forward way to let people know you’ve published a tip is to share it. Do not underestimate the value of flaunting what you have. Based on what I have seen with some friends of mine, flaunting what they have earned them recognition and big bucks. Your online presence necessitates having people know you are actually alive and kicking in the online world. So tuck away that bashful side and flaunt a bit.
Here are your best bets when sharing:
- Social media – take advantage of the sharing icons D2D has for you. There’s a set of social media icons you can click and share. Of course you need to be part of these social media but chances are you’re already a member.
- Email your friends and family – You can email your friends and family the URL of your new D2D tip and encourage them to visit. This is a straight forward call to action to your friends and family. However, make sure you do not indiscriminately put all the email address you find in your email account’s address book. Last time I checked spamming is still not a good idea.
- Add a URL in your email signature – this is closely related to the one above but this is a little more subtle. I add a PS in my email signature and put a link to my newest tip. This way, I get to promote it whenever I email friends, family and co-workers. Just a word of caution though, some people especially professional correspondences may not be a great idea to put such PS and links.
- Connect the dots – one thrust of D2D is to have motivators link their previous tips with new ones. This way, you get to share other tips related to yours.
Quick Tip: Don’t forget your older tips. You can still earn from them by sharing them every now and then. Being an older post does not mean you can’t share them. In fact, make a schedule of sharing your older posts.
Visit Other D2D Tips
Wait, you might be thinking this is just a ploy to get you to visit other motivators’ tips. Well, of course! This is a community of writers and we need to support each other. It is one thing to let our friends and family we have written something at D2D. But have you ever wondered whether other Motivators in the site actually know you exist?
This is a win-win strategy. First, you get to know other community members. Second, you get to create relationships with other online writers. Third, you get to read fascinating tips from other people. Lastly, you get to introduce yourself and your work to others as well. D2D was created with sharing and connecting with others in mind. A community like ours thrive in constant communication, sharing and of course mutual support.
What to do when you visit other motivators:
- Read their published tips – The topics may be the same but the content are unique. This makes reading on a particular topic so enriching. You get to learn a myriad of tips from numerous points of views, and experiences. By reading other motivators’ work is a way we can help others and the community as a whole.
- Comment and share your ideas – I’ve been to different communities and I have never been so at home here. Sure, there may be differences of opinions about topics but these differences are discussed in a mature and productive way. Your ideas will help make the tip more meaningful. Who knows you may even inspire someone to write a totally new tip from your comment.
- Write a public message or private message – When you visit a Motivator’s profile you can send him or her messages. You can choose either a public one or a private one. Communicating through this means will help enrich your connection. You can discuss about different topics in detail, get advice, share your ideas or just show your appreciation to the person.
- Share other motivators’ tips – yes, this is a very important step. Sharing your co-motivator’s tips shows that you like what is written. Moreover, it shows that you care about the community and what it stands for. After all, D2D is all about sharing and motivating the whole world.
The D2D community repays your kindness. This give and take relationship rests on every motivator’s commitment to help others.
Quick tip: Reply to the comments that your tips receive. This is a very useful strategy to maintain strong and active connections with others.
One of the most important of online writing is keeping your content relevant. Sometimes we simply write then forget about it. But we need to change this attitude. It’s not about dishing out the most number of tips in a week or in a day. Rather it is about providing quality and useful tips for the whole world to read. If you get the reputation of writing excellent tips then your name will be known not just in D2D but by the whole online writing world.
What you need to tweak:
- Grammar and typos – technically you should patch this up before publishing. However, there are times when one or two sneaks pass us. So spend some time just rereading your tip and editing it. F you want, you can use a free online grammar check just to make it easier.
- Data and stats – if you put information that can be outdated, then you should make sure you provide up to date info whenever possible. Going over your tip and adding the most recent info will help maintain its relevance.
- Media files – It is also a good idea to update the media files you include in your tips. Of course higher quality is preferred. But more than just pixel counts or HD quality issues, you may want to update the attribution info you have for your media files. It is essential that we give credit to the owners of the media files that we use.
Quick tip: Have a schedule of tweaking. This assures that you update your published tips and maintain high quality published works.
Day2DayTips is a fabulous community not because it’s the first Filipino blogging platform – although that’s an ego booster. D2D is great because of its members. Here, you get to communicate with responsible writers and bloggers. The motivators make this community great. The admins simply provide the tools to unleash this greatness that is already in every one of its members.
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014