How do you think about the people around you? Do you feel the need of their approval? Do you want to always have a pat on the back every time you time you made a good deed? How important is it to you that you get gratified?
While being acknowledged with the work that we do or say to other people could help boost our confidence, one should realize that not all people could be appreciative of what you do. You may have moved the mountain and reached for the stars, but do you really have to hear how people should give you applause? You do something because it is something that makes you happy. You offer your help because you think it is the best option at the moment. You stepped up because you know it is the right thing to do.
Show Who You Really Are
- When you do something, do you need to impress others? The only people whom you think you would like o impress are those who would want to see you just the way you are without any “added” ingredient. Just the simple, natural you is fine.
- Stop trying to defeat someone’s capabilities because your only nemesis is yourself from yesterday. Striving to become better each day not because for others to notice but for your self-fulfillment.
- We have our own stories. Don’t let others dictate how your life should be or which path you need to take. Although there may be people who are there to give you an advice, it is always best to choose what your heart desires. Do not feel compelled to do whatever is told you. They may only act as your guide and should not be forced into your system.
- Don’t let people rule over your life. Just because you like a certain person, you would do crazy things just to impress him/her. Again, if a person does not like you the way you present yourself, then you always have the option to just take your time off from getting into such trouble in making yourself look like Mr./Ms. Right.
- Remember that no material thing could ever dictate the kind of person you are. There may be people who would see your worth comparing to the material things you have, but these people are not the kind of people that you need in your life. Do not look at yourself too low just because they are way up high!
- What matters is having quality of character, a fair heart, and a feeling of self-esteem. In case you’re fortunate enough to have any of these things, never offer them. Never undercut yourself.
- Everybody needs to get to the highest point of the mountain first and yell, “I’m on top of the world!” But the fact of the matter is, all your satisfaction and development happens while you’re climbing, not while you’re sitting at the top. Revel in the voyage by giving careful consideration to each one stage. Don’t hurry through your life and miss it. Overlook where other people is in connection to you. This isn’t a race. You’ll get there in time….at the right time.
image credit: http://www.this-is-me.org.uk/images/frontpage/thisis.png
Latest posts by Jenny Alano (see all)
- The Inconstancy of Modern Business - 11/14/2019
- Avoid These Things If You Want to Improve Your Life - 09/17/2019
- How To Achieve Sustainable Wealth: Starting It Young - 03/02/2019
- How Stocks Investments Can Help Secure Your Future - 02/11/2019
- Improving Productivity Through Personal Development - 01/24/2019