It was pure heaven to some people when the opportunity to be able to work online in the comfort of their own homes have become in existence! And I am just one of the millions who found it very a convenient to earn even at home especially that I have kids to take care of. Not having a helper in the house could take a lot of time to be able to get things done and the thought that expenses are just escalating as kids grow up as well. It is imperative nowadays that both husband and wife should help in making money for the family.
The advantage of working at home may have been seen as too attractive to workers especially that they would not need to wake up so early in the morning to prepare them to work. Just being in comfortable pajamas can make one work without having to worry how sloppy he might look. Well, there is an exception, though if there would be video conferences, of course. And just think how much money we are going to save up in paying the bus, train or taxi each day! Ha!
Me, being workaholic, 24 hours seemed to be not enough for me in a day. I was always pumped up to do a lot of work everyday, not because my boss demanded to but because I was really enjoying my job which was far different from which I used to work. I work for about 14 hours a day, seven days a week. I knew that my husband was half-hearted with the job I was doing but because I wanted to help him in my own small way, he just let me do what I wanted. Good thing, though, that my husband is mostly at home that time that somehow, he helps me with some house chores which I would ask him to do and my kids were a bit older so I also get help from them. Imagine the chaos sometimes that I have to rush to do a certain chore while kids are at school and at the same time I was having a meeting on Skype! I would turn my speakers on so I could hear what my boss and clients were talking about while I do the laundry or wash the dishes or while cooking. Muti-tasker to the max!
But this has got me into thinking—-how are other online workers at home? Do they still get to do their house chores like they used to? I do think that even if a home based job has become a solution for those employees seeking for better work, there are also some disadvantages with how this kind of job has and most often than not, people have ignored it.
- Home based online workers tend to over work thinking that they really don’t need to be in a hurry in finishing their jobs because they are already at home anyway.
- Some chores may have piled up because of getting more than 8 hours of work online, ignoring what where the priorities as a mother or father of the family.
- Family relationships may have been affected because online jobs too so much of your time. In my own personal experience, I was not able to watch the television for 10 months and I have turned our living room as my bedroom as well.
- Have you thought how stressful it may have become to you to work at home while your kids are shouting or playing around you and you could barely think of a good proposal that your boss is asking you to do?
Has anyone of you been in the same situation that I have been?
Latest posts by Jenny Alano (see all)
- The Inconstancy of Modern Business - 11/14/2019
- Avoid These Things If You Want to Improve Your Life - 09/17/2019
- How To Achieve Sustainable Wealth: Starting It Young - 03/02/2019
- How Stocks Investments Can Help Secure Your Future - 02/11/2019
- Improving Productivity Through Personal Development - 01/24/2019