Hmmm.. thinking about making a potion? Love potion, come back potion, how about potion for a cheating wife or husband? How about a potion that will make you look like Audrey Hepburn (in Breakfast in Tifanny) or Tom Cruise (in a Mission Impossible).. How about turning someone into a frog. I will teach you how… but this potion is not for witch craft… what do you think of me.. hmmmp!
Anyway this is for our beloved mother nature… Insecticides and aerosols are too bad for the environment. You know how mother earth complains about these two chemicals and yet we can’t do anything about it, of course we have to take care of ourselves too, like spraying to help us drive the mosquitoes and other bugs to go away. But ok fine, considering there is an alternative “organic” way would you do it? So here is the recipe a friend gave me since I have sooooooooo many bug problems here. Yes, I have encountered so many different kinds of bugs… and they bite and sting.
1 cup Distilled water
1 cup Witch hazel or rubbing alcohol
3 tablespoon of each of the following fresh or dried herbs (Peppermint or spearmint, citronella, lemongrass, catnip, lavender
stirrer (wooden or plastic)
pot with cover
- Put all the combination of the herbs mentioned above in a pot with a cup of water. Choose either peppermint or spearmint.
- Put into boil.
- Using the wooden or plastic stirrer mix well, cover and set aside. You really need to cover the pot so that the oils will not evaporate with the distilled water.
- When the mixture is cool and settled, remove the herbs from the mixture using strainer.
- Add a cup of boiled witch hazel (cool and strained) or a cup rubbing alcohol.
- Gently pour in the bottle (preferably with spray).
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator or in a cool place. (Refrigeration will give a more refreshing and cool effect on the mixture).
- Spray into the skin as needed
Enjoy the scent and refreshing solution to drive off the mosquitoes away without upsetting the mother nature. See it is still a magic potion, isn’t it?
Witch Hazel can be pre boiled and cooled. Boil 1 cup of witch hazel bark, leaves and flowers (for color). Set aside and strain to remove the barks, leaves and flowers.
This is safe for all types of skin, but for safety if you have a very sensitive skin test on a part of your skin first.
DON’T WORRY SPRAYING THIS WILL NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A WITCH. I promise.
If you are unfamiliar with the herbs see the picture below. Who knows, these herbs might just be available in your garden…
Latest posts by Mavic (see all)
- Recycling Vegetables - 10/18/2014
- Shocking facts students don’t know about teachers. - 10/05/2014
- How to go to heaven. - 10/03/2014
- I think I have an ADHD/ADD, what shall I do? - 09/08/2014
- All Filipinos should know about the Philippine Passport - 09/01/2014