I must have given the admins a massive headache by now with my suggestions and ideas but I have just one more observation to make and a solution to suggest for the site improvement. (I promise solemnly that this will complete my quota of suggestions for the month of June)
For the past few days, I have been reading lots and lots of Day2DayTips and I have noticed a trend among most members. Though we all read each other’s tips and many of us love to comment on the posts, I have notice that very few people take the trouble of rating the tips.
I was just going through the Awesome Tips column and to my surprise most posts have got just 2-3 votes and some not even a single rating. The most I noticed is 5 Votes.
I know this is a young site but we have more than 250 members now. Even if 20% of members are very active, there should still be about 50 people posting, reading and commenting on the tips.
I think Day2DayTips should offer 2 or 5 points to its members to vote and rate tips from 1-5. It will serve three purposes.
- Best tips will rise to the top
- With 20-30 votes, the members will know how valuable their tips truly are.
- I am sure readers will also trust tips from motivators who have large number of votes on their tips.
Of course, each member should be able to vote only once per tip.
I am sure we can all trust each other to be objective and not give a rating to please each other but base our opinion on merit and how well written or useful the tip is for general readers.
As always I would love to know what other people think of this suggestion. Please feel free to agree or disagree and show your approval/disapproval by voting on the stars.
For more awesome posts on Day2DayTips, read the following:
- Learn about internal link building
- Creating An Article Pinboard On Pinterest
- Use Facebook To Get More Views
- How To Drive Significant Amount of Traffic To Your Website