First of all, I am not single for a very, very long time and I don’t want to be single. I am writing this post to tell the single people out there that being single is fun and it is not something that you feel bad about.
I have a lot of friends that are single (some are not dating at all) and they are pretty much contented with their lives. I am not envious not one bit because I am already attached but I am happy to see that they are happy, that they do not need anyone to be happy.
Here are the reasons why being single is fun:
- Money – You get to have your earnings all to yourself. I mean of course if you have bills to settle like credit cards, phone bills, rent, electric, internet bill, and the like, you need to settle them. What I am saying here is you can spend your money whichever pleases you. You do not need to consult your partner if you want to buy an expensive shoes that you have been eyeing for months. You don’t need to buy your guy something special on his birthday, anniversaries, and Christmas. You can buy great things for yourself or for your family.
- Career – I am not saying that this applies to all but if you are the type of person where career comes first meaning you want to be ahead of your game, you want to be the manager, head, or the president of the company, I strongly believe that being single will get you there faster than the ones who have families of their own. You don’t mind spending a lot of time at work that at your own place. You don’t mind staying late at work just to finish that presentation for the client. In no time, you will be the head of your department.
- Guy or Girls Night Out – You are always present during these types of gatherings. You go clubbing, meet new people, party, get drunk and just enjoy. You get to have fun with your single friends together all the time without the need of asking permission from your partner or without checking your phone if your beau has texted you and wants you to go home this instant because it is already 3 in the morning.
- Dating – Dating is really fun when you are single and tends to be that way for a while. I mean you get to meet a lot of interesting people that you won’t feel guilty of doing. You can also catch up with ex-lovers if you want to without explaining to your partner that she and you are just friends now. You can have all the fun that you want with your date without the responsibility of being committed.
- Travel – You get to travel wherever and whenever you want. You can even travel alone. Stay on the beach. Read a book. Drink a mimosa. Admire the sunset. Go clubbing and meet new people.
There are so many reasons why being single is fun so there is no need for you to rush yourself or settle for someone who is less because you just don’t want to be single.