Sometimes they say that silence is virtue, that to keep mum when confronted with certain conflicts specially between family members, is the wisest thing to do.
This is to avoid being caught in between two “hitting rocks,” to be caught in “crossfire” of words between two feuding persons or groups. When one of them approaches you for opinion, never ever give undue comment that would hurt one side, specially if those involved are siblings or relatives, and you as a third party. For when the time comes that they got reconciled, they might turn their ire on you for having said something against one of them. There is a saying that “blood is thicker than water,” and so they would look at you as the antagonist.
In the past,I was so quick in giving my opinions in such situations, and oftentimes, my being honest for saying what I felt about certain persons backfired on me. From that time on, I learned to seal my lips. I just listened to their woes, but no longer gave opinions on the “case” at hand. And I had observed the positive results of being silent.
Latest posts by simplewoman (see all)
- Do Not Show Off Too Much, Wear Decent Clothing - 09/27/2014
- Thinking of Business Ideas? Just Conform with the Season - 09/19/2014
- EffectiveCommunication: Be Clear in giving Instructions to Workers/Employees - 09/16/2014
- Keep Your Cool, Avoid Road Rage - 09/12/2014
- Keep Your Promise - 09/08/2014