Have you read the book Love Story? Eric Segal wrote that “love is never having to say you’re sorry.” Well, I hate to admit I believe otherwise. Some people can apologize with ease while others just can’t find the right words. Well, it’s simply “I’m Sorry.” In a relationship, no two people are perfect. We can expect problems and disagreements. Some are dealt with no hitches. However, other instances require more than just a shoulder shrug.
Let me say it plainly, whenever warranted apologize. When in doubt, saying you are sorry can mitigate the situation especially if you are the one at fault. However, there are ways where you can apologize when you tongue just can’t find the courage to utter the right words. Here are some suggestions:
- Hug and embrace: nothing says sorry than physical contact. But beware some people might slap you when they are still feeling annoyed and angry. Hug at your own risk.
- Write a letter. If you cannot say it, then do the next best thing, write it down.
- Be extra caring. It is important that we show that we care for the person we hurt. This is a good time to do a little extra for the person.
- Rectify the error. When you have done something wrong it is just prudent to correct it. So man up to the challenge and correct what has been done. This will surely have a positive effect on your relationship.
Saying you are sorry may be difficult. However, it is important that we utter these words. Now, saying it and doing those listed above can help mitigate the situation. Just remember, everyone makes mistakes. But it is the person who apologizes that turns mistakes into stronger relationships. So get rid of that prideful heart of yours and apologize.
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014