Do you want to earn money online? Writing a good article is a good step but it will not necessarily drive traffic. Likewise a catchy title can attract people but the question is who is out there searching for that particular title. One of the most important principles in getting more traffic to your articles is to choose the right keywords. Using keywords is one of the most important writing skills for online writers in order to earn money online. But how exactly do you do this?
What are keywords
Simply put, keywords are the search strings internet users type in the search engines to look for specific articles and content. Recall the last time you used Google or Yahoo to look for a topic. The words that you put in the search box are the keywords that you used.
Important Principle: Some words or group of words are used more often than others. Learning which keywords are often used for your topic will help you get more page views if you use them.
Tips to earn more using keywords:
- Use keywords that are related to your article. If you are writing about dogs, then use keywords about the solar system. Remember, keywords help people find your articles on the internet. Online writing skills must include your ability to find the most appropriate words that users use to search the internet.
- Choose keywords that are neither too broad nor too specific. For example, if you use “dog” as a keyword, you can get different topics from raising a dog to dog food choices and what not. Suffice to say, the keyword is too broad for users. This may not get you the needed traffic that you want. On the other hand, using a keyword that is too specific say for example “7 year old dogs named Fufu with only 3 legs and a short bushy tail” is too specific. In fact, I do not know if anyone will actually use this set of words to search the internet. Excellent keywords are those that can draw in the right type of visitor to your article.
Deciphering Long tail Keywords to earn more cash
Writing articles that can give you more visitors can earn you more extra income. This can be achieved when you use the right keywords as we have discussed above. Let’s consider what we call the long tail keywords for a moment. Although it sounds funny, understanding what it is can give more page views for your articles. Remember that more page views will give make you earn money online.
Think of a long tail keyword as an animal. It has a head, a body and a tail. The head provides you with a general sense of what the article is about. The body provides additional information pertinent to the topic. The tail on the other hand gives your keyword string that special attention that your niche is looking for. Here are some examples:
- Instead of using “shoes”, try using “basketball shoes on sale” or “Cheap Nike Basketball shoes”
- Instead of using MMA, try using “MMA training equipment”
Long tail keywords offer a more descriptive search string that users may use when looking for content on the internet. Moreover, it is neither too broad nor too specific. Your online writing skills will definitely benefit when you practice using keywords.
Important principles: It is not simply getting many visitors to your article. Rather it is getting the appropriate types of visitors that will find value to your published post.
Articles that have content important to a particular niche will get read by these specific group of people more. With the aid of choosing the right keywords, you give your articles tremendous organic potential on the internet.
Tips to earn more using keywords:
- Using long tail keywords in your titles can help attract more visitors
- Use long tail keywords in the body of your article
- Make sure you DO NOT stuff your article with keywords as it may be seen as spam by search engines. Try to hit a 6% keyword density.
There are numerous sites and online tools that can help you look for the best keywords that will drive more traffic to your site or article. Moreover, when you consciously think about what keywords to use, you will get a better perspective of how you can construct your articles. With a well thought of post, you can definitely reach out to your specific niche and make money online faster than you expect. So add keywords to your writing skills and see the money roll in.
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014