The inability of labor to move creates unemployment. Thus, Unemployment cannot be separated from labor.
Types of Unemployment
1. Residual Unemployment: Residual unemployment is the type of unemployment that occurs due to all other causes. Residual unemployment includes those people termed as unemployable because of disability or ill health.
2. Mass Unemployment: Mass unemployment is the most serious of all types of unemployment because it affects almost all the industries at the same time. Mass unemployment is caused by a general deficiency in demand. It is also called Cyclical Unemployment.
3. Seasonal Unemployment: This type of unemployment occurs in some kinds of work. For instance, bad weather causes a temporary suspension of work in the construction industries, which at that time renders the workers redundant with a resultant effect of unemployment.
4. Structural Unemployment: Structural Unemployment arises because of change in demand. This type of unemployment occurs because of immobility of labor.
5. Frictional Unemployment: This is a type of unemployment that occurs due to technological progress as the immediate effect of labor saving machinery is to make some workers redundant thereby causing unemployment.
Latest posts by Tochibenedict16 (see all)
- How to prepare Banana Ice cream/Yoghurt/Buns - 12/21/2014
- How to have a good Health through Food - 12/21/2014
- Importance of eating CUCUMBER- Nutritional and Surprising Super Food Healer - 12/21/2014
- Reasons why Population Census is Important in every Country - 12/01/2014
- THE NIGERIAN STOCK MARKET CRASH (CAUSES AND EFFECTS) - 12/01/2014