I have been going to Starbucks when I was still in College so that is like more than a decade ago. I have seen so many different people there all these years and I must say that at some point I was one of them. I am glad that I have gotten over that and I can say that I am now a mature coffee drinker.
If you are still confused, here are the types of people in the coffee house that I was referring to:
- The Power Outlet Hoggers – These people have their laptops or tablets with them located inside the coffee shop. They are the ones ordering one cup of coffee and stays a very long time there while their gadgets are plugged. Sometimes they study, do some reports or research works, use the internet for a hours and hours. Honestly, I was never one of them.
- Condiment Hoarder – I do not think it is wrong if you order a cup of cafe latte and used three packets of brown sugar and two packets of creamer if that is how you want your coffee to be. What is frowned upon is to get a lot of these FREE CONDIMENTS and bring them to your house. I think that is definitely wrong even if it may not be categorized as “stealing.” I think you do not need to be told that these FREE CONDIMENTS are for coffee house use only if you are an educated person with proper manners.
- Drunk People – I do not recall seeing drunk people going inside the coffee shop before so they can sober up a little. But apparently there are some. I mean what is the first thing that comes to your mind if you want to get sober? That’s right a good cup of coffee to awaken your nerves. All I see were group of young people from parties. I know they came from parties because of the way they dress. Guys wore long sleeves while holding their blazers, the ladies wore evening dresses with matching stilettos. I mean regular coffee drinkers of Starbucks do not wear clothes like that.
- The Reunion – I can say I am one of them. These are people mostly in big groups gather round and talk endlessly. They can be really noisy and annoying but you can’t blame them because some of them saw each other after so many years now. They have a lot of catching up to do and coffee is one way to keep them up all night.
- The Seasonal Sticker Collector – This is definitely me. I mean I love Starbucks and all but I seldom go there anymore because of lack of time. However, if a friend of mine will invite me to grab a coffee, I would definitely say “YES!” But it is always this time of the year that I go to Starbucks on a regular basis like three times a week because of that journal I can redeem after completing my sticker card. Not once did I miss this event.