“No man is an island”, these are the famous words of John Donne. To this day, it stresses the fundamental truth that humans are social beings. In a community like Day2DayTips, having friends will enrich one’s experience. However, friends don’t just appear from nowhere. Every motivator needs to make a little effort to build friendships and nurture them.
1. Write D2D Tips regularly
In order for you to grow the number of your friends here at D2D, one should publish tips regularly. The more you publish, the more members get to know you. Moreover, the types of Tips you share in our community will reflect topics that you are passionate about.
- Write about topics you like
- Share tips about your experiences
- Be inspired what is going on around you
- Share your expertise
- Take a comment from a Tip and explore it further
2. Read and comment on tips
Another integral part of being a member of a community like ours is to read the Tips of others. In addition, it is important that we share our own ideas about the topic. This is where it gets more interesting. Since everyone has unique experiences, sharing them in the comments area will make the discussion more enriching. Again, this is a splendid way to get to know other motivators as well as letting others learn about you.
- Share your honest opinion politely
- Understand differences such spiritual/religious philosophies, political views, backgrounds and beliefs
- Leave meaningful comments that will nurture friendship
- Be insightful
3. Send private or public messages
There are instances when sending messages to other motivators can be a tool to strengthen friendships. You can go to their profile page and click send public or private message. Here you can talk about numerous topics and engage in conversations.
- Do not stalk or spam
- Keep in mind that public messages are well public.
- Choose your language and words always -you don’t want to offend others
4. Invite people to join our community
Creating more friends in D2D does not have to be hard. One way to build a bigger group of friends in D2D is to invite your friends from other communities. You can invite friends and coworkers who haven’t tried online communities.
- Use social media to introduce D2D and invite them to join
- Tell your officemates, classmates or family about the community
- Share tips whether your own or by other motivators
- Tell others the benefits of joining D2D
5. Be a helping hand
Who does not like people who extend a hand to help? In order to get more friends in D2D, one can try to share what they know about the site. As one becomes used to the site, one can be a resource to others. Lend a helping hand and you will surely earn more friends.
- Teach new members how to publish their first Tip
- Show them different features of the site
- Tell them the mechanics of the latest contest
6. Encourage others
Writing does not come natural for many. Members of the community range from seasoned pros to neophytes to online writing. A community like ours does not discriminate because of skill level. In fact, we are here to encourage writing, sharing and of course earning. As members of D2D we can help others by encouraging them to write more, improve their skills, explore topics and share their expertise.
- Encourage through comments
- Link a motivator’s Tips in your own published work
- Leave positive comments and messages
- Suggests ways to improve
Remember that we are Motivators and not just online writers!
No man is an island. D2D is definitely a thriving community of people willing to share and nurture other members. When we do our part we create stronger ties between members. It is when these ties grow that we can truly benefit from the friendships that we create.
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014