The only permanent thing in this world is change. And we all know that by now. Although people realize that they need to change, most of the time they fail in making things happen for them. But why? Is it because they care less of what others feel or they just wouldn’t want to be a different person than they are?
We may have started to become somehow more aware of other people’s existence which we never did before. And that could be a real huge effort for one. But, how sure are you that you have become a better person and not the bigger monster?
- You wake up and see that your spouse have gone to the kitchen to make breakfast. Do you come follow him/her or would you try to at least fix the bed and the room so that when he/she comes back, the whole room would be exuding a great, positive start of the day?
- This has always been a problem among housewives inside the toilet—when the toilet seat was not pulled up by their husbands while using it. And yeah, remember the toothpaste cap that husbands most often forget to snap back?
- Clothes piling up on the floor are definitely an eyesore. Wouldn’t hurt to put them inside the hamper, right?
- The newspaper and magazines scattered all over the floor or desk or bed, when it can be neatly placed on top of each other by the bedside table.
IN THE OFFICE
- There are document trays on each employee’s table, somehow and why not make us of it and segregate outgoing documents from incoming documents? Organizing stuff at the office would definitely safe you a lot of trouble finding the right folders of documents.
- Make a schedule of all your daily activities so that you may be able to get thing done on time.
- Coffee breaks should be helpful in giving you a little boost throughout the day. Probably instead of leaving the cup inside the pantry or just anywhere else, is to make it a habit to dispose it right away. I know some people would tend to be chatting during breaks that they forget the wrappers or cups they have in their hands.
- Be at your best when going to a meeting. It doesn’t matter if you are going to talk to your subordinates or superiors. Showing how professional looking you are would make people feel more encouraged and motivated to be at their best as well.
We know what change means and we just sometimes tend to just leave it for others to do. But really, change doesn’t mean like changing your whole self and see it in a negative way but rather becoming just a better person for yourself and others. Just think of this way, if people accepts and becomes happier in both your home and office environment and you feel comfortable with those little changes that you do to yourself, it would mean a brand new life for you all through out.