Running out of time and you need to cook or fried your chicken or pork but it is still frozen? Don’t worry, here are the simple steps on thawing your frozen food safe and fast.
At home if I am in a great hurry, I am thawing the frozen meat using the cold running water. It is safe because the cold water prevent bacteria growth on the surface of the meat. However, since we should save and conserve water and use it wisely it is better to put it inside the bowl then dip it under the water. But don’t leave your meat in longer hours longer than 4 hours. Well if you put the frozen meat in a sink or bowl pull of cold water usually thawing takes 15 to 20 minutes depends on the cut size.
As what I learned from numerous book I read in kitchen tips 101 it is not safe to thaw your frozen meat in warm water and the reason is for food safety because of the bigger chances of bacteria growth. But personally I don’t see any difference if I thaw using hot water if it takes shorter time lesser than 30 minutes and immediately cook afterwards. I used this in a very urgent situation.
This tips works for me especially in a not planned occasions but it is best if you plan ahead for your cooking.
Latest posts by Lane Vill (see all)
- How CONFLICTS helps the relationship Grow? - 10/13/2014
- How can we make our love burning each day after 10 years or more? - 10/09/2014
- My kid is Shy…. How can I help him/her? - 10/06/2014
- Cheating and Cheaters, What’s In and Not to handle it? - 09/21/2014
- How to choose best online game for growing up kids? - 09/21/2014