I have previously talked about the importance to say no and survive social pressure when you don’t want to do something. People who love you and appreciate you are going to keep doing this regardless of what you can offer to them.
But now I want to talk about the feeling of being used or manipulated. It is not a nice feeling to be objectivized but someone who is close to you and has the ability to use psychological tricks against you.
If you feel that you are being manipulated in your relationships no matter the level (close friends, family, fiancée, boy/girlfriend) you have to make it stop because if you concede it will be harder for you to make this conduct to stop.
– If you feel that this person wants to make you feel guilty because you don’t do what he/ she thinks you have to do
– If he/she accuse you of being a ‘bad’ person or a person who does not love him/ her only because you don’t act as he/she expects
– What can be worse if this person warns you (usually manipulative persons give indirect warnings) of the consequences of your decision on your relationship
You have to know that this person is manipulating you. And if you act the way he/she wants even against your personal convictions, he/ she will know how to get what he/ she wants from you.
Remember that you first have to be loyal to you. Say no when you need to say it and do not let people use you.
Have a good day
Latest posts by Alvaro Sanabria (see all)
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 4) - 07/08/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 3) - 07/01/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 2) - 06/25/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 1) - 06/24/2014
- Breaking up (part 4) start a new chapter in your life - 06/22/2014