I hear a lot of people saying they suffer from depression every day. I see people moping and dragging around in a state they call depression.
Depression sounds and looks like a terrible thing to live with every minute, hour, day, month and even years in a persons life.
Things people say about depression:
1. no motivation to get out of bed, or socialize
2. no reason for looking for the good in each day
3. things are always negative
4. no goals, no future
5 no reason for living
6 don’t know how to move on after tragic event in life
I must admit that I myself feel like the items in the above list once I socialize and listen to these people. I am thankful that I only suffer from very mild and short lived bouts of being depressed.
I know that I have no degree or medical training to help these people who suffer from depression but I offer a strong shoulder to cry on, an ear to allow them to talk about the issues, event, or problems that seem to hold them captive in their state of depression as if it was a cage with a lock on it that won’t allow them to escape its hold.
My tips for fighting depression are:
1. take a walk and talk to myself about the things that seem to depress me and allow myself to think out loud about the reasons
2. talk with other people and socialize to get new things moving through my mind
3. find a hobby, craft, or a group that does these things and join in and have fun
4. volunteer with charities and sometimes you find that there are other people there that have the same problem and you can communicate with them and find some relief
5. I fill my day with different types of jobs so I have variety which is suppose to be the spice of life which keeps me from having time to get depressed.
6. Think about someone else who has worse problems than I do and figure out how to help them while I am helping myself.
I know that I only write from my own personal experience and knowledge and what helps me deal with my minor bouts of depression.