According to the records approximately 20 storms passing through the Philippines, this is the reason why we are experiencing calamities all throughout the year. In connection with this, we should always ensure our family’s safety.
We have nothing to do with the nature‘s wrath but we can lessen the effect and damage of it by these following tips:
- Awareness is the number tool to know when, what and how to prepare in times like this. Listen to the news; hear the updates and forecast given by our localities, different TV networks and radio station.
When to Prepare:
- We should be prepared all the time because we never knew when the woe hit us. In different schools and offices they are conducting drill for different scenario to be ready and alert at all times. We should apply this technique also at home.
What to prepare:
We have to prepare:
- Foods and ready to eat foods such as instant noodles and can goods because during that time as a living proof you can’t cook even a simple meal.
- Extra clothes, blankets, flashlights, batteries and other important documents such as Identification Card.
- First Aid kits with paracetamol, antibiotics, anti-allergen, alcohol, cotton, band aid, and other supplies use for cleaning and treat wounds.
It is very important that all members of the family know the emergency numbers, rescue hot line just in case they need it badly, nearest hospital numbers, nearest police station, fire brigade numbers, and numbers of every family members.
How to Prepare:
This is the most important tool to at least lessen the effect and damage of any calamities. Know your location if it is prone to flood, near the river, sea, landslide and earthquake and hard to reach by the rescuer.
If you think that your location is prone to all the things I mentioned above do not wait the authorities to force you to evacuate and leave your place. Your family’s safety and lives is more important than anything else. Know the nearest evacuation center in your place and communicate with them to be more updated particularly if your place is experiencing brown out.
If there are forecast and warnings:
- it is best if we prepare early, packed some important documents, packed your clothes and other important things we are going to leave at home if we evacuate or relocate. If you have second or third floor it is best to bring upstairs all the things and appliances to at least somehow save from flood just in case.
Be active to your communities’ activities and needs, it is very important to be ready at all times and be alert.
Always be safe.
Photo credited to: werner22brigitte / Pixabay
Latest posts by Lane Vill (see all)
- How CONFLICTS helps the relationship Grow? - 10/13/2014
- How can we make our love burning each day after 10 years or more? - 10/09/2014
- My kid is Shy…. How can I help him/her? - 10/06/2014
- Cheating and Cheaters, What’s In and Not to handle it? - 09/21/2014
- How to choose best online game for growing up kids? - 09/21/2014