As the very common saying, “LIFE BEGINS AT 40”, it is probably how most people feel because they have become more matured with their decisions, their perspectives have been changed over the years and they are unlikely to fear anything that comes their way. Turning 40 is a milestone and a transition at the same time.. It must be the different kind of freedom that they fee because:
- Most of their children have grown up which means they won’t get worried if kids would have their dinner or not as the kids would be responsible enough to fix their own, well, somehow.
- The freedom might be revolting that some men and women feel the excitement to explore the world better as they were not able to when they were younger.
- Being older, life has braved them with all the frustrations and disappointments that they may have had that they are now more focus in making a step higher towards their goal.
But of course, along with these social changes are the physical changes which both men and women may have not fully understood until such time that people around them may have noticed. For women, gradually, their moods may change as they near the menopausal years. With that being said, expect a lot of signs and symptoms brought about the hormonal changes in the body from sleeplessness, irritability, hot flushes and intermittent menstrual flow. This takes from a few months to years.
For men, andropause may come much later in life. Men may have put up that torch of victory trying to prove themselves that they are still capable of doing things that they used to do when they were in their early 20’s. Is it for real or is it just trying to convince themselves that they still can?
Personally, in my 40’s the changes in me were a realization that I wasn’t really getting any younger. No matter how much I would feel like being like my high school persona at time, the grey hair showing, back pains and lack of sleep are signs that I am moving forward and not backward. It is rather difficult to be a mother who takes care of all the things in the house and at the same time make sure that there is food on the table all the time. Others would have turned crazy but there is no room for me to feel that way. The women of today exhibits more strength than the women 40 years ago. More women are working now and insist on helping to make both ends meet. Along with this, women of today has become too liberated that the increase in divorce or annulment has also increased due to the fact that women now knows their rights and they no longer feel the need to rely on their husbands in order to live.
With the dating game, Men in their 40’s choose to date women in their 20’s. For what reason? It boosts their ego. It is just telling the whole world that they can still be the “boy next door” that any young women would love to date with. But well, of course, there is also a factor of young women seeking for someone who is financially stable where the 40’s men could probably be.
There is also a different kind of attraction that the women in their 40’s have from younger men, thus the “cougar” has been coined. Is it all sexual? Probably. Or maybe some sees the attraction of just a powerful woman.
With their physical attributes, there is slowing down of metabolism, balding, slow steady decline in strength, wrinkles getting visible.
Latest posts by Jenny Alano (see all)
- The Inconstancy of Modern Business - 11/14/2019
- Avoid These Things If You Want to Improve Your Life - 09/17/2019
- How To Achieve Sustainable Wealth: Starting It Young - 03/02/2019
- How Stocks Investments Can Help Secure Your Future - 02/11/2019
- Improving Productivity Through Personal Development - 01/24/2019