They made us believe that each one of us is the half of an orange, and that life only makes sense when u find that other half. They did not tell us that we were born as whole, and that no-one in our lives deserve to carry on his back such responsibility of completing what is missing on us
This is my favorite quote from ‘They made us believe’ poem by John Lennon.
People have both the social pressure and also their own personal pressure to find ‘mr/ms right one’. The person we imagine we have to choose to live forever, get married, have kids, and settle down and in general to fill the clichés of the ideal image of happiness.
And it is perfectly fine to wish to find someone to share a life. The problem is to make happiness depend on an external factor as it is the case with a relationship. And that is actually one of the reasons why persons keep themselves into dysfunctional or even harming relationships- because they are not unable to see themselves out this relationship. They make their happiness depends completely on this ‘fantasy’.
Don’t wait for someone to make you complete. Set your goals without waiting. Enjoy every experience in your life and be happy. When you make this effort to be a happy person you are more kindly to be spontaneous and to shine and that can also attract that ‘right’ one for you. And even if that is not your case you will know at the end of the day that you have the option to be happy.
Latest posts by Alvaro Sanabria (see all)
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 4) - 07/08/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 3) - 07/01/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 2) - 06/25/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 1) - 06/24/2014
- Breaking up (part 4) start a new chapter in your life - 06/22/2014