There is no “I” team. Even though that’s a worn out adage, it still holds true. But how do you deal with teammates you practically detest? Well, that’s difficult. If there’s no way out then you have to do the following in order make sure the team moves forward.
Focus on the team’s objectives
This is the fundamental step when working with a team. Whether you like the team members or not this is the key to making the whole group move as one unit. When everyone focuses on the objective and not on personal issues, then there is still a bright future.
Listen to others
When you hate someone, it’s easy to dismiss whatever they say as useless garbage. But fight the urge to do this. As repulsive as they may be, what they may say can benefit the whole team. So curb that feisty attitude and tone down the snide remarks.
Recommended reading: 5 Strategies to Love the Job You Hate
Be tactful and professional
When emotions go out of control, the words you use will do the same. It’s difficult to work with someone you detest. But when there’s nothing you can do about it, be tactful and professional. Any snide remarks can derail the team’s progress. So choose your words properly. The way you handle yourself is vital when working with people you really hate. Every detail becomes important as you will be scrutinized on every level – I’m pretty sure you will do the same to others. But remember that functioning as a team requires cooperation. As such, do your best to contribute to the team in every possible way.
More Tips to Read:
- Working Smart Instead Of Working Hard
- 5 Important Paradigm Shifts To Be An Effective Managers
- How To Say No To Your Boss Without Getting Fired | D2DTips
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014