If you have not noticed this, most people lose an important part of their time worrying about the amount of job they have to do for their day. They feel the stress and they don’t know how to start. And actually planning a daily agenda should not be that complicated.
These are my personal suggestions on how to be prepared for your day
- The first thing you need to know is that thinking about many things at the same time will not help you at all. Instead it can make you feel stressed in your place
- Take a piece of paper or open a text file on your laptop or mobile and make a list of the things you are expected to do and of the things you want to do for the day. Then you can set a list of priorities: the things you have to finish today comes first, second the things you need to start but that are not so pressing and finally the things you would like to do but that are not that important or even would make you lose your time. Now you know where to start.
- From this list think about what things you can delegate to another person, for example another member of your working group, especially from the second group.
Try to follow the order of your priorities. When you finish the things you HAVE to do for your day, you can be more relaxed and give a fixed time for the other activities, maybe 30 minutes for one, so you can dedicate at least a little of your time for different activities. Also putting a personal deadline for your activities can help you to be more effective.
As you dominate this technique you will see that it would be easy to design an agenda and of course to follow it!
Latest posts by Alvaro Sanabria (see all)
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 4) - 07/08/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 3) - 07/01/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 2) - 06/25/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 1) - 06/24/2014
- Breaking up (part 4) start a new chapter in your life - 06/22/2014