The high wall that prevents you from a job that you wanted is the employer and his or her interview questions. Most people would think of this as first step on challenging themselves for their career path. Attending interviews sometimes makes your heart pound or the butterfly in the stomach feeling especially to those first timers on an interview. Some may overcome the wall but others unfortunately fall short. What do you think they are doing? What sorcery do they cast upon the interviewers to be able to get the job on high class companies? Let us break down some tips or information that we may apply.
Tips on your job interview presence:
- Dress Properly – First impression is a big factor on the job interview, No employer would like to see an applicant wearing shorts, on slippers, or typically undressed for the purpose. An applicant must be neat looking from top to bottom, dressed properly on business attire or business casual for a much professional look.
- Shake hands before and after interview – Sometimes on our nervousness we completely forget to shake the hands of the interviewer, but this is important to show the enthusiasm and respect for the people on the position. It wouldn’t hurt you much to do proper actions before starting on the interview and this might help you big time on the next step.
- Tell me something about yourself – Familiar with the phrase? It means tell me something that is not indicated on your resume. Something that may help you, something that may interest the interviewer or grab his/her attention through yourself. And build more conversations on both of you.
- Eye contact – This is important when you are answering questions, this may prove that you are able to speak yourself properly and you know what you are saying. Unnecessary gestures like looking at the ceiling or other corners aside the interviewer may cause irritation or give them the idea of uneasiness on your side.
- Did you do your homework – When I mean homework have you done research about the company? Or the position you are applying? This will help you a lot on answering questions, also this may prove that you are doing competitive research for yourself and soon possibly for the company. Never let yourself come on an interview without any information on your hand, these are the major ammunition.
- Connect the dots – If you were given a scenario or asked a question, and you had an experience or encountered something, read, or watched something before that may link to that do not hesitate to give your idea. It might just be the answer they are looking for or you were able to solve a critical scenario. Speak your mind but deliver it properly.
Maybe there are not the only things that you should consider on attending your job interview. But these are some of the things that you must review to improve your readiness and increase the chance of overcoming it. Actually these are my personal experiences on my job interviews, well I think what I have written here are effective on my part. Hope it suits you also for your challenge.