Let me tell you about a true and sad story of a cranky man and his smell. I have a co worker. He’s very cranky. No one likes him in the workplace. He’s attitude was highly unacceptable. He shouts at the people, and he’s very confrontationist. Most of the time the security guards cry on his untactful comment and yes he yells. In other words, he seemed to be unhappy working in the company. Oh wait, everybody has to stay away from him aside from his uncanny attitude he also had a very foul smell. Every time he speaks we should hold our breath and then finish the conversation the soonest possible time so we can excuse ourselves. Even his body smell really is very intolerable.
I known he’s aware of his smell that’s why he covers it with strong male perfume. The perfume didn’t help in fact it worsen the situation. Every time we see this person, he’s sulking or his brows were almost already connected like the letter V at the middle of his forehead. He’s never had call in sick, in other words, he’s at work every day.
Of course, gossips here and there never stopped. Was he like that 25 years ago? The answer, nope he’s not. In fact, he’s a sweet fellow and a hard working man. He never left his room without finishing his job. He’s by the way an artist so he had his own room.
What seems to be the problem of this man? Was he burned out for working there for almost 25 years? Was he really cranky because he’s getting old? Was he having Family problems that we just didn’t know?
One day he was just rush in the hospital. Diagnosis, he’s been suffering from kidney problem. Little we knew of, he’s been sick all those years.
How did his attitude manifest as sickness?
- Irritability: His crankiness, and irritability showed that he’s been in pain but he’s just not telling people about it. His facial expressions were not showing disagreement or dismay but actually hidden “pain”.
- Smell: This was the most noticeable symptoms he had manifested. We all thought that he had gingivitis and halitosis because of his bad breath. We thought that he just had a poor hygiene habit. But the amonia breath and the unpleasant scent coming out from his body also is one of the symptoms that kidney is already failing from its functions.
- Fatigue and tiredness: We didn’t recognize this on him because our work is really tiring and stressful.
- Swell: Yes, he’s bloated a bit, not fat but bloated.
The other symptoms that he had according to his family were,
- Problem in urine and loss of appetite.
He went through several dialysis sessions and his health was improved including his body odor.
Do you have kidneys? Why do we have them?
We all know that the kidneys main functions are filtering and removing wastes from our blood. Where do we get these wastes? We get them from food, toxins and drugs we are taking and eating. If the kidney will fail to remove these wastes, then there could be a great damage to our system and to our health. This is the main reason why we pee and why peeing is very important.
His story after retiring from work.
After leaving his office for the retirement, someone has to replace him, so cleaned up his stuff and to our surprise, we found a lot cup noodles pile up. Not just 50 not just 100 but really a lot. It looks like he’s building a castle from those empty cup noodles.
We then thought, maybe these were the cause of his health problem. Another theory, maybe he’s sense of taste was very bad that’s why he had to take something with stronger taste like these cup noodles.
But one thing is for sure, it is really unhealthy to eat cup noodles.
He passed away from so many complications after a year of treatment. He was not able to gain friends at work, not even a security guard.
- Be aware of some “unusual” things you feel and observe about your body.
- Too much depression might not because of outside issues but more the inner problems.
- Overly fatigue, stressed or tired there might be something wrong, and “resting and sleeping” might not just be the answer.
- lack of sleep or over sleep.
If you don’t like to consult the doctor yet you can always check the internet to verify and validate your situation. Little problems like bad breath (without toot decay and you were not before), or a lump here or there might be an indication of something serious inside our system. If ever you come across an alarming fact that you might be facing, don’t hesitate to see a doctor.
Most of the time our body is telling us something that we are just ignoring or blaming other factors. Please listen to it.
Another moral lesson to ponder upon.
He passed away with a sad soul I know, most of the people at work did not go to his wake and funeral. I can’t blame them, because his attitude and odor brought him into that state. A very few people understood that he was like that because he was suffering from pain by that time.
However, now that we are so aware of these probable symptoms we must be conscious at all time. Seeing someone in sulking or angry face doesn’t mean anger or sadness, there might be something inside this person. Unpleasant smell might not be a cause of poor hygiene but something else . Crankiness or uncanny attitude must be lack of some kind of hormones such as serotonin. Who would know what this person is going through and we don’t have any right to judge anyone.
Another article about health consciousness:
What your pee says about your health? written by Jpcmc
————- Funny Articles Mavic wrote —————–
Depression is like a Mosquito’s bite.
Hugs can solve hearth problem
Right or Wrong Decision
The Woman Power
Latest posts by Mavic (see all)
- Recycling Vegetables - 10/18/2014
- Shocking facts students don’t know about teachers. - 10/05/2014
- How to go to heaven. - 10/03/2014
- I think I have an ADHD/ADD, what shall I do? - 09/08/2014
- All Filipinos should know about the Philippine Passport - 09/01/2014