Well the summer season is here in the Philippines. The weather is unpredictable. I know it is also the season for storms and heavy rains. But we also have the hot and humid season especially during the Lenten season. I don’t know why but it just seems so. So here are some pointers that I do to help keep myself cool, physically and if you are feeling cool so will your head 🙂
- wear light clothes, simple and light cotton material, like a house dress or if you want a loose tshirt and shorts (some times I dare use that but only at home).
- take quick showers in the morning, afternoon and before sleeping, usually I do morning and before sleeping. At night I just scrub during the shower with a washcloth of loofah without soap because sometimes soap leaves residues and makes you feel sticky. That is why I use shower gels and especially ones that have a cooling effect. It also scrubs out the dirt and grime and opens your pores to feel clean.
- if you have long hair or as long as you can tie your hair, keep it high and off your neck and face. when you sweat your hair will stick to your neck and you get hot and sticky. Since mine is kind of short I use a headband and keep together as much hair as I can.
- try not to do too much movements or heavy work if possible so you will stay cool.
- I don’t have an aircon but that is good if you have one. So I just use a circulating electric fan the 16″ and have my windows open. Sometimes I sit in the balcony if ever there is a cool breeze.
- wear antiperspirants/deodorants. Because the armpits, inner thighs, necks are the parts that perspire a lot so if at least your underarms are dry and cool you feel refreshed.
- my other secret? I use the Johnson Baby Powder Cooling effect. The light mint green color top one. After shower I powder myself, back, front and neck. It really does keep you cool for a long time and it is sort of mentholated so when air touches it, it releases the cooling effect.
- and last but not the least, drink lots of fluids preferably water to keep hydrated.
These are the simple things I do to keep cool so I will be cool and not get irritated easily. If our body physically feels cool and comfortable, then also our minds and head will stay cool.
So keep cool everyone 😉