For some of you this question might seem awkward. If that is your case I have to say congratulations and you should be proud of you.
However, if someone has hurt you and there is still a wound to heal from your past due to a bad experience, these short words may be useful:
- Forgiving does not mean to ignore or act as if nothing has happened. It does not stop you from being a victim in some cases and ask for justice.
- The act of forgiving is not a grace you give to others: when you forgive you also liberate yourself from the suffering of thinking about the past.
- The first step of forgiving is to accept what has happened. It does not mean to justify the offense but to understand the facts and how things happened.
- Try not blaming yourself or kept stuck on the ‘what would happen if I have’ thinking. We cannot control the past and we all have this present
And finally, try to think about your present. You cannot solve whatever has happened in your past but you can learn from it and find how you can be stronger and wiser and also how to build a better future for you and your loved ones.
Latest posts by Alvaro Sanabria (see all)
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 4) - 07/08/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 3) - 07/01/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 2) - 06/25/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 1) - 06/24/2014
- Breaking up (part 4) start a new chapter in your life - 06/22/2014