Before you continue reading, hold a pencil, or imagine that you are holding a pencil.
Pencil…a simple tool for writing. Once you use it and write something, it leaves the words that you have written. An analogy of pencil and us. Like a pencil, we leave marks to every one and every thing in our life. So we must be careful of what marks we are leaving behind. A pencil needs to pass through the challenges of the blades, so that it will get its right tip and show the appropriate lead. Yes, like a pencil, each of us needs to face and accepts all the challenges to be able to get the right formula for success and who wouldn’t want to get the most essential desire of all, yes it’s happiness. However, sometimes, passing through this stage like a pencil is not easy. Sometimes, even how much we try, we still break because the blades are too sharp. We have not stopped sharpening the pencil until we get what we want, do we? So that’s what life is, we will never stop until we get the dream that we are aspiring or at least close to it As for pencil, pain is a part of glory.
The lead is one of the most important parts of the pencil. It is the one needed to write, a pencil without a lead is not a pencil. As compared to us, lead serves as what is inside us. Do we have black lead, red, or white? What do we really have inside us?
Pencils are made with erasers to give us the chance to erase the mistakes while we are writing. However, erasers on pencils were made small for us to remember that chances are limited. Thus, this as compared to us, we make mistakes, we can go back and erase, but we must be aware that we have just a small eraser so we must be aware and cautious of our actions and decisions. Yes we have a second chance, let’s correct the mistakes.
Pencils can not function on its own, They should be held by someone. There are gentle holders and there are rough and rude ones. Now, in our life we will choose, who would we want to handle us ? will it be the one with the gentle touch and who will guide us..to good path? Will we choose a life where instead of making dreams and sketching plans we poke people in the eye?
How do you sharpen your pencil?
I printed this article and asked several people to read and share their views regarding the pencil as an analogy to their lives. These were my friends’ answers.
1. the lesson here is, we get only few chances to correct our mistake so better to do our best that we can be.
2. It’s really like we are writing our life, we can erase the mistakes but the marks are still visible and in this way we can look back on our mistake and learn from it. Just like the pencil, we can also share it to other people, but we are very careful in choosing these people to share with. It’s very nice Mavic.
3. Interesting article indeed. this morning I feel like my pencil tip is blunt and not going anywhere.
4. Yes, I agree with you..pencil is the best example of our life. The right and wrong decision in particular. We plan for things and then we work and pursue it but then sometimes we are not been successful for that decision and so we are trying again to do better and correct the mistake.
5. very nice comparison you made in this article…Yes life can be compared the way you did.. I would like to add something to the eraser part..we cannot erase the mistakes or past of our life the way we did with those pencils back then.. And when we were kids, our life was held(the responsibility) of our parents..now the time has changed..we hold pencils now..and we are responsible for the lives of those who are close to us 🙂
1. In this lifetime we leave marks whether we like or not. What marks are we going to leave behind as our legacy?
2. We make mistakes that makes us more human. We can erase these mistakes and correct them, but be careful of too much mistakes we might run out of erasers.
3. Face the blades of trials with courage and bravery. We needed them to sharpen us so we will be able to have the best lead tip we need.
4. Be gentle when handling your life, we have two choices… whether to go with the gentle hand or go with the rough hand. Or should I say, handle our pencil gently and use them to write our plans and sketch our dreams.
Now, look at the pencil that you are holding or look at your imaginary pencil, and ask, ” What marks are we leaving behind?”
————- Funny Articles Mavic wrote —————–
Depression is like a Mosquito’s bite.
Hugs can solve hearth problem
Right or Wrong Decision
The Woman Power
—- Interesting Self-Help Articles other Motivators Wrote —
Virtual Friends / Consolers by Jenny1015
Asserting Oneself by Daisy
Being a Beacon of Light to Others by Jpcmc
Acknowledging your Small Victories by jpcmc
Celebrating life with positivity by jenny1015
Latest posts by Mavic (see all)
- Recycling Vegetables - 10/18/2014
- Shocking facts students don’t know about teachers. - 10/05/2014
- How to go to heaven. - 10/03/2014
- I think I have an ADHD/ADD, what shall I do? - 09/08/2014
- All Filipinos should know about the Philippine Passport - 09/01/2014