Another fantastic way of combining self expression and a photography as a hobby is by putting words on the photos on the captured pictures. There are so many quotes and wonderful passages that we can use to express ourselves.
I got this idea from the facebook where there are so many inspiring, funny and exciting quotes passing on. I didn’t have any quotes I wrote myself but I usually take quotes from quote sites. My facebook account is so restricting only to family and dearly trusted friends, so I use this photos to inspire, motivate and also to give a little laugh to my family and friends.
If the author is available I make sure that I include the author’s name to acknowledge the person. but usually they are anonymous or unknown.
I just do this for fun.
This photo was posted as my New Year
When I was still writing in the other site I see to it that I used my own photos. So I really edit and think of good pictures to use. One of my favorite topics to write was reflective articles or self help. This time I used NIngning as the subject.
The photos can be funny too.
Some photos can be used also for “dramatic” inspirational and motivational messages.
1. Choose a photo with a good expression. Some photos are just snap shots (which is better).
2. Study the expression of the subject and the background. Use the saying appropriate to the expression.
3. Don’t type on the “face” of the subject as much as possible.
4. Choose short quotes or sayings so that texts won’t clutter the space. If long quote is inevitable make sure to provide spaces for the texts. It is just a matter of editing.
5. Save the photo with a different filename so you won’t mess up with the original photos.
Just have fun… don’t be stressed…. have fun doing it.
If you have fun reading this article you will surely enjoy the following tips:
Photography as a hobby
Other crazy articles written by Mavic
The power of the woman
Anagram… for students
Latest posts by Mavic (see all)
- Recycling Vegetables - 10/18/2014
- Shocking facts students don’t know about teachers. - 10/05/2014
- How to go to heaven. - 10/03/2014
- I think I have an ADHD/ADD, what shall I do? - 09/08/2014
- All Filipinos should know about the Philippine Passport - 09/01/2014