At first glance helping others seems counter intuitive to achieving success. However, remember that you are not alone in this world. Moreover, you need the connections and the relationships in order to move up and closer to your goals. John Donne once said, “No man is an island, entire of itself.” His words echoed through our generations and those who listened tasted sweet success.
Success is defined in different ways. Some see it as financial freedom. Others view it as spiritual growth. Still some equate success with the amount of influence they have. Regardless of how you see success, you need to work on it now.
Why do you need to help others?
- You establish an emotional bank account that you can withdraw in the future. The more people you help the more relationships that you build.
- You acquire new skills. In a very dynamic world, the person who knows more and does more can easily earn more money, save money and achieve success.
- You learn from others. There is value in interacting with other people. You discover how they think and what they value. Moreover, you learn from others. We are never perfect and what we know has limitations. But by helping others, we get a glimpse of new learning that we can use for our own success.
- You learn about yourself. By helping others, you get to see who you truly are. Your values develop, your knowledge broadens and your skills improve. By having a strong understanding of who you are, you make decisions and act on challenges that will support your adventure towards a successful future.
This world needs more people who are willing to help. The more we help others, the closer we become to our goals.
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014