Sometimes it is not that easy to look for a job that is perfect for you. There may be a lot of vacancies but that doesn’t mean you fit them or you want that kind of work. How do you find the job that fits your skills and qualifications? There are a lot of jobs available but which one is the right one for you? How will you know if this job is something you can do? Here are some tips that might be useful in your job hunting:
1. Register to job search engine online. Search for jobs that you think you are capable of like call center agents, sales associate, marketing, Human Resource staff, and the like.
2. If you have chosen a company already and may not be familiar about it, do some research. Go to the company’s website. Check its stability and foundation, values, mission, and testimonies (if available). Go to forums. It can help you find out something more about the company’s background. Old and present employees love to share their first-hand experiences in forums.
3. Before sending your application, make sure that you have read the duties and responsibilities of the position and you know you are equipped for it. It is important that you understood the tasks because it would be difficult for you to work on something you don’t know or not interested at.
4. Try to apply one at a time so you won’t have a hard time choosing which company you want to work to if all of them wants to hire you.
5. Make sure that you are amenable with the duties, the schedule of work, and very importantly the location or the place where you will work. Majority of the job seekers want to work near their area. If the company you want to work to is a little bit far, at least know the easiest way getting there.
6. If the compensation is stated in the job hiring ad, double check if the salary is sufficient for your needs. Nowadays, almost everything increased especially our basic needs like food, electric, and transportation fare. Practically speaking, even if you enjoy your job but the compensation isn’t enough, there is a big chance that you won’t last that long in that work.
7. Re-visit your skills and experiences. For those who have been working for a long time already, maybe this is the right time to look for a much higher position than sticking to your old position. Example, if you worked as an HR Assistant for two years or more, maybe you should be targeting a much higher position like HR Officer and the like. If you have been a Call Center Agent for more than three years, maybe this time around, try applying for Supervisory Level Positions or a trainer.
8. Once you picked a specific job, imagine yourself five to ten years after. Can you imagine yourself doing that same task for a very long time? If the answer is yes, then I guess that job is right for you.