Something serious…. When I was just studying there were only three types of learners… The smart, the average and the dumb. Well the smart students were the one with the neat handwriting and can answer questions instantly, some average learners were just good in cleaning rooms and wiping the teacher’s table and those who were dumb learners were always absent, and the handwriting beyond the readable state and all other things to be considered…
The modern time had introduced us to different kinds of learners and specifically giving different styles in learning. but then we must be alerted if there are something not right in your child’s mental development. not to lead the readers to be frantic, just stressing here that parents, guardians or even teachers should be aware of the child’s development, Like for example,
Have you noticed your child having difficulties in math? Have you noticed your child can not read analog clocks no matter how you taught them how to read? Your child might have dyscalculia. Dyscalculia is a learning disability specifically about numbers.
1. difficulty to write numbers.
2. associate the number and the value of the numbers.
3. no time concepts or can not read analog clocks.
4. put the numbers in sequence.
If you think your child shows symptoms similar from the list above your child might have dyscalculia. It is not horrible, it is not a disease, but something must be done at early stage or early detection.
What to do?
1. Relax and don’t blame yourself. It is neither you or your spouse’s fault.
2. Don’t blame your child and never stop loving him/her.
3. Bring your child to a specialist or developmental pediatrician. They can help you to assess your child’s needs.
…………… If this article is wrong, then that’s good for you, because your child has no learning disabilities.
Always remember that prevention is better than cure.
For more information about learning disabilities or dyscaculia check on this link. Learning Disabilities.
Tips for good parenting
The importance of reading to your children
A child’s experience in Cinema
Safe way to talk about sex with your child.
Latest posts by Mavic (see all)
- Recycling Vegetables - 10/18/2014
- Shocking facts students don’t know about teachers. - 10/05/2014
- How to go to heaven. - 10/03/2014
- I think I have an ADHD/ADD, what shall I do? - 09/08/2014
- All Filipinos should know about the Philippine Passport - 09/01/2014