Few hours ago, I wrote an article about Gift Suggestions that you can buy this Christmas season for your co-workers since BER month has officially started as of today. And sometimes, it is good to start your Christmas shopping as early as September (if able) to avoid the Christmas Rush during November and December.
This time around, I will be sharing some great ideas you can get your family this holiday season. So far, I could say that my family seemed pretty pleased with the gifts I gave them (unless they are just being polite and they do not want my feelings to get hurt LOL!)
1. For Mom – I have noticed that when we think of our moms, the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to buying her a present is something related to the house. We always resort to kitchen appliances such as microwave oven, blender, frying pans, juicer, knives, sandwich or waffle maker, coffee maker, or the like.
These things may be expensive especially the appliances but moms do not like them, well, at least my mom didn’t. My dad gave her Yonanas, where you can freeze fresh fruits like bananas, apples, strawberries and more, then turn it to a healthy frozen dessert. It was expensive and it does make delicious and healthy frozen desserts but she was not that pleased.
So what do our mothers like? They like what women like. They like perfumes, bags, shoes, nice clothes or accessories like scarves, and of course jewelry. They may appreciate the appliances and home decor because they are actually useful but they want personal gifts, not gifts that will make them feel that the only reason why they are there is to cook for the family and decorate the house. They also have their guilty pleasures.
2. For Dad – Same with the moms, when it comes to dads, we think about the things that they can use in fixing the house like a tool box. My dad would not mind getting those stuff for Christmas because he loves tools. But I know he also likes getting gadgets like Portable DVD player, stereo for his car, cellphone, tablets, and other electronics. I think they appreciate receiving clothes but their smiles will be priceless if given electronics or something to do with their cars.
3. For Brother – Like dads, they don’t mind getting a nice looking shirts that they can use on dates or the new Michael Jordan rubber shoes for playing basketball but I think what they like more is a game console or the latest game in XBOX or Play Station 4. If you do not have a budget for that, I think cologne or perfume is better than giving them handkerchiefs for Christmas. Yep, I have three brothers and my mom gave them packs of handkerchiefs as a present. They would appreciate boxer shorts even more than handkerchiefs.
4. For Sister – I think this is the easiest (on my part) because what these young ladies like are make-up or cosmetics. If they are not the type of putting on make-ups, then give them a book of their favorite author. If they like writing, give them a nice journal where they can write their thoughts.
5. The Little Ones – Much as I want to give them clothes because there are so many clothes that are really cute, they still want toys. The good thing about the kids I know are not that picky when it comes to toys. They are not after the brand but how it looks.
Next article will be gift suggestions for our loved ones like our husband, wife, and significant others.