I don’t travel much now a days. But when I was younger and active in a religious group and traveled to all seminars and conferences, I got used to traveling and preparing. I am glad I was able to go to Bohol, Ormoc, Davao, Tagaytay, Boracay and other places.
I like to travel light but seems I can’t because I would also like to be prepared. So most of my traveling now is an overnight or two in the city. But I learned to be always be prepared. Here are some of the tips I do to be prepared:
- Find out where you will go and be staying, it is good to know what you might need and if you are near a place where you can buy your needs.
- Make a check list on things to bring, always bring an extra set of clothing, don’t just bring good for the days you will be there. Who knows what will happen.
- Bring plastic bags to separate the dirty laundry from the clean, I have seen some of my companions just place them all together and suddenly we get delayed leaving.
- Bring your maintenance medications good for and extra 2 days.
- I always bring other medicines for headaches, body pains, for LBM, for motion sickness, etc…I also make sure I have my trusted Vicks Vaporub.
- Bring a small flashlight.
- keep your money, ATM, Credit cards in a safe place and keep your bag with you always.
- Do not get separated with your companions.
- If you have a cellphone be sure it has load if it is a prepaid and bring the charger, some might have different chargers so you can’t borrow.
- When bringing footwear be sure you have your trusted slippers, one for formal if there is a need and then a comfortable shoes for walking and traveling.
- label your luggage, my brother puts colored ribbons or colored names, one that is unique like neon yellow or green, contrasting to your luggage color.
- Always have a card or ID with you and a list of family contact numbers for in case of emergencies, better be safe than sorry.
- Most of all bring extra money.
This maybe a long list but I usually like to travel prepared. It’s hard if you can’t buy what you need or if there is a delay in the travel plans. Oh another thing I usually like to travel with a companion, usually my daughter.
Hope this tip can help those who travel a lot.