I must say our neighbors are unique. That’s an understatement of the year! Suffice to say, I get surprised, irked and disgusted – but mostly irked at what they do in front of our house. Our home is located in a not so exclusive part of the city and as expected, one should not expect the usual. For several times now, informal settlers around our neighborhood have been relocated but to our amazement, many still riddle the streets in our area. But this is not about the politics and social reforms the local government in effect – or the lack thereof. Rather, these are the weird, bordering in insane stuff that our neighbors do that never ceases to amaze us.
The weird that happens
- Throwing garbage: This is just below the belt. But I do not think they have an idea that their behaviors are just inappropriate. Why do I say this? When we confronted them about it they were even the ones angry at us.
- Parked vehicles blocking our gate: Vehicles called tricycles and pedicabs owned by neighbors are parked right in front of the gate. What is irritating is that they have their own spaces in front of their homes. As expected, when I asked them to remove their parked vehicles they even snapped at me as if our front gate is a public transportation terminal. Oh, did I mention they even do repairs in front of our gate.
- Playing Bingo: Bingo is a common social activity in many communities. It is a time to relax and play with friends. I have no problems with playing bingo except when a group of people put tables in front of our house and block the driveway. That’s just insane.
- Playing pool: Some young adults in the community are quite ingenious. They made a portable pool table although small is quite impressive. What’s not impressive is when they set up their little pool session right in front of our home. Apart from blocking the way, their unceasing noise and vulgarity as they play is just unacceptable.
- Pedicure and manicure: This came as a shock last weekend when we came home from a trip to the zoo. Right in front of the gate were women in chairs doing their nails. This is just one of those days when weird things happen.
What to do
Of course these behaviors of the neighbors are unacceptable. As such, we had to take actions so that it will not happen again.
- Talk to them in a civil manner
- Involve the community authorities – barangay officers
- Put up signs
Unfortunately, I expect that our neighbors have other weird stuff up their sleeves. All we can do is hope that we don’t get hurt.
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014