I’ve been doing a case study. It’s an unplanned case study, though. I am testing if Avast can work alone – giving full protection to my PC. However, Avast fails. I love Avast, it is just frustrating to realize that my beloved antivirus lets some viruses in! The realization leads me to searching another software that will help Avast protect my computer from viruses, adware, malware and other unwanted programs.
I have found out that Malwarebytes is a perfect companion of Avast. You know, in terms of security, there’s no All-In-One solution. I am not an expert, but if you will search online about anti-virus, you’ll discover that computer experts would agree with my opinion and personal experience.
Here’s what I have found so far:
- Avast did not able to detect ‘mywebsearch’! It’s a kind of adware that replaces my search engine ‘Google’ and it shows banner ads. When I’ve installed Malwarebytes, it has successfully removed mywebsearch! Now, I am back to Google, my favorite search engine! No unwanted ads and I am at peace.
- Malwarebytes did not able to detect a new virus on my PC. It’s a p*o*r*n site that pops up when I click on one of my frequently visited sites and it also show pop-up ads written in another language I can’t read! I understand, Malwarebytes is not an antivirus program! I am using Avast Premier so I am confident that it protects me real-time! No. I manually perform a full system scan, and it was able to detect 5 infected files. After that, the p*o*r*n site and the pop-up ads were gone!
What’s the bottom line?
Avast and Malwarebytes are like husband and wife! They complement one another. I am writing this review to give you an idea about the two software, as well. Of course, you can choose another antivirus program and anti-malware software! But, as I’ve dug the web about this, many people seemed to agree that Avast is the best FREE antivirus and Malwarebytes is the best anti-malware software.
It’s self-help! We can do it!
Latest posts by Prime Aque (see all)
- An Age-By-Age Guide To Teach Your Kids About Money - 11/10/2016
- Be in Motion, Stay in Motion - 09/12/2016
- RevenueHits – Legit or Scam: Case Study 2016 - 08/28/2016
- A Quick Guide to Dealing with Student Debt - 03/15/2016
- How To Make A Day Off Fun Again - 03/15/2016