I stand to be corrected but what’s the main aim of pursuing a good education? Having considered a variety of reasons why people go back to school for one achievement after the other, some of them prove to be outright lame and outrageous. I give you a plus if the reason you are going back to school is to increase your knowledge and mark a milestone in your career. For either a guy or a lady out there with a degree and masters in a certain field and over thirty years, to have to prioritize education over the burning need for a founded family is outrageous.
Like the Bible says somewhere in the verses, “What good is there for a man to lose his life and gain the world”? In pursuit for a distinguished life from advanced education, burying one’s head solely in education forgetting that even God took a rest on the seventh day, took time to reflect? Initially, I would struggle to understand why some people over do education, I used to pass it as envy that maybe I only wished I were them, I thought. But a deeper insight in the mystery, I realized some people pursue higher education for all the wrong reasons including:-
•Going back to school to keep up with family legacy of the most learned.
•Pursuing advanced education to get out of the house, it’s getting lonely after the kids left.
• Going back to school to fulfill your parent’s dreams
• Going back to school for prestige in society.
All the wrong reasons I’d say, but until you are following your dreams, until you are going back to school for impacting reasons especially to your life and not for recognition, fame or social status, until then too much education will remain disastrous. At this point I deem education as the key to success and too much of it as the key to self-destruction.
Latest posts by Estella Mungai (see all)
- When Excessive Education is Disastrous - 07/02/2014
- Stuck With the Decision Whether to Move in or Move on? -Valuable tips. - 07/02/2014
- The Wrong Bra Size Can Suck the Joy from your Life - 07/01/2014
- Maintaining a Clean House can be as Easy or as Tasking as You Deem Possible - 06/29/2014
- How Forgiveness can Liberate Your Soul - 06/29/2014