If there’s a free software to protect our PC, then most of us would go for it, I assumed. However, since our main goal is to protect our PC, then we should be careful in choosing the right antivirus software to use. I have a windows 8 PC right now, and I am taking good care of it. I have been reading reviews and forums to make sure that I have chosen the right software that won’t slow down my computer.
However, people have different experiences using one, two or more of these free AV software. The only way we can test the usefulness of these antivirus software is to use them one at a time. It does not mean that you have to try all of them one by one, but once you’ve found the best one, that gives you the peace of mind knowing that you are fully protected for a cost of NOTHING – you can permanently run it on your PC.
6 Free antivirus software in 2015!
They are all free, no 30-day trial. You can choose to install the free version as long as you want! I’ve sorted them based on the number of downloads on CNET.
- AVG – over 540 million downloads, free
- Avast – over 349 million downloads, free
- Avira – over 100 million downloads, free
- Microsoft Security Essentials – over 3 million downloads, free
- Comodo – over 500 thousand downloads, free
- Bitdefender – over 100 thousand downloads, free
My computer is fully protected from viruses, malware and other unwanted program! Plus, it’s fast! What’s my recipe?
I have used Avast Free Antivirus for many years. Lately, I switched to Avast Premier. However, if you choose to stick with the free version, you still can be fully protected. I have experienced using AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials in the past, but I like Avast the most! Then again, it’s not an all-in-one solution! Trust me, some unwanted programs would not be detected by Avast or other antivirus program that you have. That’s why there’s a so-called anti-malware! Here’s my recipe!
- Avast – for virus protection
- Malwarebytes – for malware protection
- CCleaner – for deleting junks in my PC
I’ve been reading reviews and forums from experts, and running two anti-virus programs slow down our PC. That is to say that I can’t install Avast and AVG at the same time. How about Avast and Malwarebytes? Malwarebytes is not an antivirus software. It’s designed to detect anything that slips past from the hands of antivirus software. Plus, I have a cleaner. Junks that have been accumulated through time in my system, definitely can slow down my PC, so I have to delete them! I use CCleaner!
The result? Awesome! My Windows 8 PC is fully protected from virus and any kind of malware and it’s fast!
Again, here’s my recipe:
Avast + Malwarebytes + CCleaner = Safe and Fast Running PC!
Note: I am now using Avast Premier (the paid version), Malwarebytes Premium (Paid, with real-time protection) and CCleaner Professional edition. However, you can still use the free versions of these 3 useful software!
Questions? Leave a comment below.
Latest posts by Prime Aque (see all)
- Cents & Sensibility: More Money Same Lifestyle - 04/26/2017
- Can You Afford Not To Make Your Health A Priority? - 04/25/2017
- How Your Job Could Be Damaging Your Health - 04/25/2017
- The Internet Is the Only School You’ll Ever Need - 04/22/2017
- The ABCs Of Making Your Money Last Longer - 04/21/2017