What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Let’s demystify search engine optimization or SEO first. Simply put, it is the process by which a website or webpage gains more views. I’m fairly certain you want more people to peruse your article. And this is the decent way to do this. Moreover, the more search engines give your page exposure, the more visitors will visit. Furthermore, through optimizing your site, you gain more organic traffic.
In addition, in internet marketing, SEO relies on how internet users hunt for keywords or search strings. Likewise, SEO entails an appreciation of how search engines utilize these keywords to deliver relevant results to the internet user. Suffice to say, unlocking how the search engine works and how users searches the internet will furnish you with a better inkling on how to optimize your site.
Optimize your site using the right content
What you put in your article is important. Moreover, writing strategies and style as well as how you organize it affect the way search engines rank your page. In fact, having the appropriate content can nudge up your page rank higher. But, be attentive to how you compose your article.
SEO Content tips:
- Search the best keywords for your online articles – there are tools that will facilitate finding the perfect keywords. In fact, Google has a free webmaster tool that you can utilize to find the best keywords for your site.
- Be mindful of your keyword density – Using unreasonable amounts of keywords may be seen as spam on the other hand, too little will be counterproductive. Instead, aim for a keyword for every 50 words or so. I recommend 1 keyword for every 75 to 100 words. Moreover, it would be wise to spread these important words across your article.
- Use long tail keywords in your title and headings – Your title should look interesting. Also, when you put these keywords in the title, search engines will take notice easily. We dive back to the idea of writing for the niche and writing in such a way search engines will rank your article higher. Apart from titles, use keywords in headings and subheadings.
- Regularly update your site’s content – search engines will adore you if you have something innovative to share. The more you publish, the better it is for you. Also, when a website consistently has recent content, you can undoubtedly expect search engines to favor your site.
- Write content your teacher will be proud – this means, edit, edit and do some more editing. Proofreading your content will help you weed out errors. Likewise, it will improve the overall appeal of your article or site.
Image and optimization
Another important part of publishing on the web is your images. Apart from your written text, readers will look at the pictures that you add. Moreover, adding images allows better imagery and thus improve your article. Oftentimes, readers are drawn to your article due to the images that you put. So keep these image tips in mind when constructing your article.
Image SEO Tips:
- Use relevant image – Although this is not strictly an SEO tip, it would be best to start this off with this tip. Remember to put only relevant information (that includes images). Moreover, ensure that the images you put comply with the site’s guidelines of the site. Lastly, this means obeying copyright laws.
- Use ALT Text Attribute – when you include an image in your article, you may want to use the ALT TEXT Attribute. For someone who sees the image, it’s usually easy to interpret what it is. However, search engines may not. As such, using Alt Text Attribute, gives the search engine a better idea what the picture is all about.
- Choose the right file name – Here’s another underused SEO trick you can do. Instead of using file names that seem random use one that search engines can easily recognize. This way, when search engines crawl your site or page, they will easily identify it.
- Descriptions and captions – it is also a great idea to include descriptions for you images or even video files. This way, readers and visitors will have a better idea what it is all about. Moreover, squeezing in some keywords here and there will help search engines give you a higher rank.
- Optimize the size of your file – even how fast your web page loads is a factor to ensure higher ranks. Keeping the file size small without sacrificing quality is an excellent idea. The faster the page loads, the better it will be for your rank.
Having your article placed on the first 10 search engine results is a commendable feat. This connotes higher page views for your article. Likewise, higher viewership means higher pay – if you in to that. But, there’s no quick fix for securing higher organic traffic to your site. It necessitates keen attention to detail and continuous tweaking until you achieve better results. By following these SEO tips you arm yourself with a host of strategies to ensure your article reach out to as many people as possible. Online writing has become more competitive. There are millions of writers out there. It’s just logical to give yourself the Search Engine Optimization advantage.
- Learning How to be an Efficient Blogger by Reading and Observing Successful Blogger Writings
- Can You Make More Money Writing Less? Why Yes, You Can!
- Substantial Tips: Topics that You Should Write
Latest posts by jpcmc (see all)
- Inexpensive Eye Care Tips for Everyone - 10/20/2015
- How To Help A Grieving Friend - 02/02/2015
- Inexpensive Technology To Help You Through Power Interruptions - 01/26/2015
- Where to Place Keywords to Earn More Online Income - 01/26/2015
- Anatomy of Great Tips - 11/27/2014