One of the easiest complements that you can make for the next meal that you have on your barbeque is corn on the cob. While most people are used to making it by boiling it in the pot, making corn on the cob on your bbq will make the perfect side dish. But making it on the barbeque is different than making it in a pot, but all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- Soak your corn in a pot (a bowl or sink will also work) for fifteen minutes. You need to do this step to help ensure that your corn won’t burn due to the heat in the bbq.
- After you have soaked the corn, take it out of the water. You will want to pull the ears back, but make sure that you don’t pull them off. Once they are pulled back, remove all of the silk from the corn.
- After the silk has been removed, take either butter or olive oil and coat the corn. After you are done this, replace the ears. At this point you can also tie up the ends of the corn to make sure that the ears don’t pull back under the heat.
- If you have made it this far, you are ready to go to the barbeque. You want to make sure that you cook the corn over medium heat. Usually, you should cook it on the grill for a few minutes and them place the corn either off to the side, or on a rack that is higher than the grill for 15 minutes.
After the fifteen minutes is up, your food should be done. Congratulations, you have made corn on the cob on the barbeque!
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Simple Ways to Improve The Fuel Economy of Your Vehicle - 10/03/2014
- How Much Laundry Soap Do You Need? - 09/04/2014
- How to Make Stress Free Lunches for Your Kids in School - 09/04/2014
- Save Your Change to Pay for Your Next Vacation - 05/28/2014
- How to Make Corn on the Cob on Your Barbeque - 05/20/2014