Some people have the ability of getting involved in discussions that does not do any good for them. I am one of them. They created some stress, make people say bitter comments to their friends and create misunderstandings.
I am not saying with these that people should hide and stop expressing their feelings in order to avoid discussions. However, it is good that you ask yourself, is it really necessary to take part in this discussion? Is it an important subject or is it a discussion that is so important to me that I need to take part on it? Will this enrich me as a person, professional, friend?
What is the value of discussing? Certainly, when we are in front of a case that touches your principles or where strong values are involved it is good that you express your opinion but why to start a “dialectical war” for meaningless things?
I will end with a quote that illustrates my point.
“Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them” – Norman Peale
Latest posts by Alvaro Sanabria (see all)
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 4) - 07/08/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 3) - 07/01/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 2) - 06/25/2014
- Are you prepared to come back to work after vacations? (Part 1) - 06/24/2014
- Breaking up (part 4) start a new chapter in your life - 06/22/2014